Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Removing felt tip

On Jul 13, 8:54*pm, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 13/07/2009 20:19 NT wrote:

On Jul 13, 7:21 pm, F news@nowhere wrote:

Our (not in the slightest) illustrious tenants have finally heeded the
court order and left.

Unfortunately the out-of-control offspring have had a whale of a time
with felt tips on the

80/20 wool/polypropylene carpets,

landlords need a carpet cleaner sooner or later

Git one and Prochem in the tank (as recommended by TMH - thanks) hasn't
shifted it.

gloss white doors,

should wash off ok.

Still there.

Gloss paint shoudl also cover it ok if necessary

I'm trying to avoid glossing the whole house. But may well fail...

vinyl kitchen flooring,

should wash off

Still there.

matt finish kitchen unit doors and

oh boy. Plenty of washing, but be careful to keep the water off the
edges or it may blow the chipboard.

Faded, but still visible. I'm trying to avoid adding a shine to the surface.

acrylic(?) bath.

cream cleaner

Still there.

this is all assuming its kids pens. If they were waterpoof markers,
its solvents and expect failures, and damage if the wrong solvent.

Looks like they were.

now this is making more sense...
all I can suggest is trying various solvents in increasing order of
aggressiveness, or save yourself some times and paint whatever you
can.

Document well and you can at least go to court for damages. You wont
get to collect the money, but it will put debt collectors on their
tail for it, plus any rent owed.

NT