Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default What causes water in pipes?

On Jul 13, 10:01*am, "
wrote:
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. *As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. *We have town water.

What could be causing this? *The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

First make sure this is an "air" problem and not a "steam" problem. I
have seen this be caused by a stuck thermostat on the water heater and
the water was actually boiling. Its a miracle the water heater didnt
blow up given it had no saftey vavle.

Jimmie