Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What causes water in pipes?

I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. We have town water.

What could be causing this? The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 10:01*am, "
wrote:
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. *As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. *We have town water.

What could be causing this? *The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

First make sure this is an "air" problem and not a "steam" problem. I
have seen this be caused by a stuck thermostat on the water heater and
the water was actually boiling. Its a miracle the water heater didnt
blow up given it had no saftey vavle.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
" wrote:

I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. We have town water.

What could be causing this? The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

Make up your mind. Is it the water in the pipes that baffles you, or the
air? BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see your
query or your follow-ups.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 12:14*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. *As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. *We have town water.

What could be causing this? *The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

Make up your mind. Is it the water in the pipes that baffles you, or the
air? BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see your
query or your follow-ups.

@ Smit2

"BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see"

"We" implies that you are part of that group. How did you see the post?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

" wrote:
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. *As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. *We have town water.

What could be causing this? *The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

Make up your mind. Is it the water in the pipes that baffles you, or the
air? BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see your
query or your follow-ups.

@ Smit2

"BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see"

"We" implies that you are part of that group. How did you see the post?

Someone else responded to it. I have about 20 regular googlegroupers
whitelisted, but they have to wander in here several times and have
something meaningful to contribute in order for me to notice them and
grant them that status.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. *As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. *We have town water.

What could be causing this? *The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

Make up your mind. Is it the water in the pipes that baffles you, or the
air? BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see your
query or your follow-ups.

Offtopic: My ISP does not provide any news servers. How else could I
post?
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. We have town water.

What could be causing this? The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

Make up your mind. Is it the water in the pipes that baffles you, or the
air? BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see your
query or your follow-ups.

Offtopic: My ISP does not provide any news servers. How else could I
post?

Free newserver he

http://www.eternal-september.org/

Or, for longer message retention, use Giganews, only $3/month for a
basic account. If you're not into up/downloading a lot of binary stuff
their basic account should suffice.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

Giganews, pearl & Jade must be new. I might drop my service down
from Bronze to Jade since I don't do binaries, I'm glad you
mentioned it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 12:01*pm, "
wrote:
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. *As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. *We have town water.

What could be causing this? *The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

Sounds like something is overheating, if not a defective/sticking
thermostat could it be a defective (broken) heating element in
electric hot water tank leaking and thereby heating the water
excessively? Also, the thermostats only control one 'side' of the 230
volts to an electric hot water heating element! So current could flow
through the other side of the 230, flow through the defective element
(or part of it) into the grounded water in the tank and heat the
water.
Time to investigate carefully! Not a problem for someone who knows
what they are doing (not necessarily an electrician) but who is
competent electrically. Potentially could be expensive use of
electricity. probably not that dangerous (provided the tank and piping
is properly grounded!) for few hours but should be fixed asap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. We have town water.

What could be causing this? The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

We had this happen after I installed a new sacrifical anode rod in the water
heater. It was a puff of hydrogen gas out of the faucet when the hot water
was first turned on. Turns out they sold me the wrong rod for my water
heater. After putting in the right rod, the problem went away but the water
heater died fairly quickly after. Replaced it with a non metal water heater
that doesn't have/need a sacrifical anode and have not had any further
trouble.

Dan

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when
I turn on the hot water. As the water gets warmer the air gets
worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house,
but just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have
any problems. We have town water.

What could be causing this? The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

Make up your mind. Is it the water in the pipes that baffles you, or
the air? BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see
your query or your follow-ups.

@ Smit2

"BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see"

"We" implies that you are part of that group. How did you see the
post?

It's the same as "Some of us in the English Romantic Literature class (well,
one) has testicles."

When asked why (why he took the class not why he had testicles) he
responded: " 'Cause that's where the broads are."

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when
I turn on the hot water. As the water gets warmer the air gets
worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house,
but just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have
any problems. We have town water.

What could be causing this? The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

Make up your mind. Is it the water in the pipes that baffles you, or
the air? BTW, many of us have google groups blocked, so we won't see
your query or your follow-ups.

Offtopic: My ISP does not provide any news servers. How else could I
post?

1. Change ISPs. [Yes you can]
2. Sign up with a paid newsserver (i.e., Giganews)
3. Sign up with a free newsserver (this is what Google is for - finding
stuff)

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
:

I noticed that within the past month or so I have a lot of air when I
turn on the hot water. As the water gets warmer the air gets worse.

Since it's only the hot water I assume it's a problem in my house, but
just to be sure I checked with my neighbors and the do not have any
problems. We have town water.

What could be causing this? The air comes out in strong bursts
sometimes and it makes the pipes vibrate.

thanks.

You used water faucets for indoor compressed air line termination. The
water is a byproduct of compressing air. In high humidity you'll have more
water.

Tell me, when you flush is it like one of those French blowup toilets I
hear about?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What causes free usenet?

Paid usenet provider, such as Giganews, Teranews, or
Easynews. (dot com)Free provider like Eternal-September (dot
org).

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

Offtopic: My ISP does not provide any news servers. How else
could I
post?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Generally, water in pipes is caused by a utility company.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:29:04 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Paid usenet provider, such as Giganews, Teranews, or
Easynews. (dot com)Free provider like Eternal-September (dot
org).

Go here and download Agent 3.3 · Build 846

http://www.forteinc.com/agent/download-all.php

Enter aioe.org for your server. No username or password.

One of the icons is "Open Newsgroup Directory"

This will allow you to search for the groups you are interested in.

You can hit "Begin Search" with nothing in the search field to get a
list of every group.

Water Pipes Dottie Home Repair 2 May 8th 07 04:53 AM
Can the repairs to the City Water Main Cause Burst Pipes through Water Hammer [email protected] Home Repair 7 August 11th 06 02:12 AM
Air in my water pipes?? [email protected] Home Ownership 1 December 27th 05 08:56 PM
Electric Water Heater Grounded to Copper Water Pipes? [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 30th 05 06:23 PM
Freezing Pipes or Pipes frozen could the Instant Hot Water Recirculator from RedyTemp work [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 11th 04 12:18 PM