mrdancer

Default Hardwood Dance Floor (somewhat off-topic)

"Fred Miner" wrote in message
om...
"mrdancer" wrote in message

m...
"T." wrote in message
Thu, Nov 6, 2003, 4:18pm (EST+5) (mrdancer)

puts
out:
I have problems with it snip dance in athletic shoes. Proper dance
attire snip decent wooden dance floor.

Ah, not dancing to have fun then. LOL In the Army, in VA, in the
early 60s, used to attend weekend dances. In a barn. The farmer would
sweep out a part of the barn that had a smooth, concrete floor, live
band, refreshments, and we'd have fun. If you went back a bit, out of
the light, you'd find the cow stantions, complete with milk cows. I
don't think there was a soul there that would have said it wasn't a
proper dance floor. And, yeah, I've done ballroom dancing, and with
leather sole shoe on;, but, wouldn't say it was a bit more fun than
those weekends in a barn. The proper part is enjoying yourself.

I guess it's all in what the OP wants. Almost anything is fine for
partying, beer-drinking, buckle-polishing dancing, or even line- and
square-dancing, but it takes a quality dance floor with no additives for
serious dancing.

Sorry for the rant.... I've just had too many nights of good
C/W/Cajun/Tejano/Ballroom dancing ended prematurely by

athletic-shoe-clad
folks wanting the floor powdered so they could "slide" properly, or so

they
thought.

And I thought I was the only one who left when they sprinkled that
**** on the floor. If you're wearing proper dance shoes, that stuff
is dangerous.

Fred

Yep, gotta get there early, like 7-7:30pm and get your dancing in. By
around 9pm or so, the buckle-polishing, tennis-shoe patrons get tipsy enough
to want to dance and convince the staff that the floor needs powder. That's
when my (dancing) night ends.