Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sub panel to a sub panel

stryped fired this volley in news:2a8c8464-ab25-
:

Can I run a sub panel in my new
detached garage/workshop from the sub panel in my current attached
garage?

Someone could. We've watched your progress long enough to think
that's not safe (for your family -- think "kids playing upstairs") for
you to do.

If so, do I need another ground rod at the detached garage?

Two, eight feet apart in many jurisdictions.

I added the sub panel because all of the breakers in my main pannel
were almost full.

That scares me. It sound like you have multiple circuits stuffed into
all the available connector space on every breaker.

An electrician might be your best friend, here.

I'm not banging on you, Stryped. This just doesn't sound like the
right project for you to undertake.

LLoyd