Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Connecting DVD Player

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:46:42 GMT someone who may be "The Medway
Handyman" wrote this:-

Then it mentions Y,CB/PB, CR/PR outputs. WTF is that all about? I want a
book that says 'put lead A into socket B'.

While I agree with the criticism of most instruction booklets these
days there is a minimum level of knowledge needed to undertake any
task.

The precise details don't matter. I have only a very hazy idea of
what signals each cable transfers in such a setup, I got bored
reading what they do in a manual. However, I do know that a cable
with three connectors connects those sort of connectors together and
this is one way of transmitting a video signal.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh