Posted to uk.d-i-y
gray gray is offline

Default Waste licence fine

Its a bit of waste (pardon the pun), I pay (I think) £144 for a 2 year
licence.

So far I have had nothing out of it, no interesting reading sent to me
in the post or via email. Nobody at the recycling centre has asked for
it, they have never asked for the waste transfer note.

Absolutely nothing.

I suppose its an insurance policy, as opposed to pay an on the spot
fine.

I tell all my customers about this law, and nobody knows nothing.
Nobody wants to sign a waste transfer note either, so I just put RTS
refuse to sign inplace of the signature.

It just appears to be an indirect taxation.