Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Lubricate screw threads for long term protection agains sticking

I'd get stainless hardware, use anti-seize and not worry about it.

Stainless has a habit of gaulding and making it even worse than rust.

i echo that espically if the stanless meets another non stainless
metals

Hence, the recommendation for anti-seize .. .. NO SEIZE = NO GALLING =
easy to take apart. I worked in the food industry most of my life, and
EVERYTHING was stainless .. we went through NEVER-SEIZE like water. If
we tried to take something apart and it was galled up,, we'd look up the
previous work order and find out who last worked on that item .. .. they
were in for a serious prayer meeting. We even had a special
"food-grade" type that was ok for casual, direct contact with our product.