Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lubricate screw threads for long term protection agains sticking

Not much works in those conditions. Maybe something made for
furnaces and fireplace doors. I used to have some high temp
stuff from Kroil company.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"blueman" wrote in message
What (if any) lubricant can I use on a screw/nut to keep it
from
binding over time? I may not need to loosen the nut for a
decade or
more.

The nut is part of the burner assembly on our range so it
is
exposed to some heat (but not direct flame). It also gets
some
moisture exposure due to the inherent moisture content in
Natural gas.