Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kilz Latex Primer - Holdout On Tannin And Knots

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:01:53 -0700, evodawg wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

I've done similar things in the past and used solvent based Kilz to
hold back the tannin bleed and keep the knots from weeping.

I tend to stick with oil base primers. You can use it but you will have
to water it down to get it through a airless which could make it about
useless.

Kilz isn't oil base. It's pigmented shellac and as such is alcohol based.