Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Connecting DVD Player

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:57:00 +0100 someone who may be "Dave Plowman
(News)" wrote this:-

The television does have these connections, they
are built into the SCART specification and you can get leads with a
SCART connector on one end and red, yellow and white phono plugs on
the end to take these signals. There is no reason to do this unless
pushed, SCART has a better method of sending video built into it too
(though this is not always used by some bits of equipment).

There should really be no difference - unless you can use RGB or S-Video
via the SCART

The better method(s) of sending video I typed of.

as the composite video and stereo audio on the SCART will be
just the same as from the phono sockets.

I didn't claim otherwise.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh