Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default Kilz Latex Primer - Holdout On Tannin And Knots

Tom Watson wrote:

I'm getting ready to make some pilasters for the fence. Going to use
cedar S1S2E and the grade includes some knots. Acrylic paint finish.

I've done similar things in the past and used solvent based Kilz to
hold back the tannin bleed and keep the knots from weeping.

Thing is, I'd like to spray this coating and do not want to run a
solvent based finish through my airless sprayer.

Would like to know if anyone has experience using the water based Kilz
product on cedar and knots, and what the results were.

TIA

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

I tend to stick with oil base primers. You can use it but you will have to
water it down to get it through a airless which could make it about
useless.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"