Posted to rec.woodworking
Luigi Zanasi Luigi Zanasi is offline

Default Bisquit Jointer vs Dowel Pro Jig

On Jul 11, 8:11*pm, Sonny wrote:
Is using bisquits a faster process than using dowels. *To me, in the
past, using dowels took lots of time, since I seem to measure and cut
each one individually, more so than using a standard measure/stop for
drilling holes and cutting the dowels (or most of them) to a set
length.

No question, the biscuit joiner is a lot faster. Lay out you boards,
mark a line every foot or so using your square, an go for it. But it
might have a little more slop in the alignment as not all biscuits are
created equal and you might move the machine an infinitesimal amount.
I prefer to use cauls and clamps.

Or you might consider the Lee Valley panel clamps & glue up a whole
bunch at once.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...81&cat=1,43838

Luigi