Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default seeking advise for shed project

wrote in message
I know concrete foundation is best way to go, but am wanting a way to build
this thing that I can do by my self. I don't have anyone I can impose on
help, so would have to pay someone.....

I understand that desire.

I am in the planning process for a small shed myself. In my case there is
no way to get a concrete truck anywhere near the site and that is way to
much to mix by hand.

While I have not done the math yet to determine the exact specs, my initial
plans are to dig 4 maybe six 18" round holes and pour at least 12" of
concrete into each so that the 4 pads are level. If needed I may add an
extra one on each side where the rim joists will be.

Then I plan to mortar set (final leveling) one of those precast deck post
bases that you buy at the BORG. Frame up the floor using PT lumber
supported by those bases, cover with deck boards, frame up the walls and
roof it.

The last time I built one of these I just set PT 4x4 posts in concrete and
built from there since I was building over an old blacktop driveway. Not
sure I trust this new PT stuff for ground rated contact hence the modified
plan. Also this time I need a floor.

The hardest part is going to be achieving level for all the footer holes.

Building codes do not apply to such a small "non-permanent", movable
structure here. Make sure you are okay on that score.

--
Colbyt