Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upper elevation stops? won't lower, binds at top...

"mike from American Sycamore" wrote in message

Isolated incident.....never heard of any major numbers with broken
trunnion..sort of the story that I know a guy that knows a guy that
heard about.......I also sold Jet....does not compare to a Unisaw for
fit and finish and holding its value sorry!

OK Mike, first you say "other than heavy duty freight damage I never once
had a cracked trunnion problem."
Now you are saying, "never heard of any major numbers with broken trunnion".
Does that mean that you have heard of broken trunions but never saw one your
self?

As I mentioned above, the common conception was that the Delta trunions
problems were from mishandling.

It may sound isolated to you but contact Delta and I assure you, if anyone
is left, they have certainly heard of the problem. Again I state, I was
not totally shocked when I saw the broken trunion myself as I had heard of
the problem.
It simply is not a case of a guy knowing a guy that knew a guy.

Jet fit and finish? I'd say 10 years ago Jet had the certain advantage, I
could care less as far as holding value, it has paid for itself many times
over and it will probably out last me. Sorry. The new Unisaw shames most
all saws except for perhaps the SawStop as far as fit and finish goes.

I am not here to bad mouth the Unisaw, I was simply pointing out that the OP
should take a close look at the trunion as the broken trunions have been a
problem/something to watch out for in the past. I am certainly not saying
to not buy a Unisaw but if considering an older one you it would be very
wise to check the trunion.