Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Arsecarrots! Or, Asphaltic crap, floor planers and general brutality - and builder related death

Phil L wibbled:

HMMmmmm.....
8 stopgap 300 @ £20 = 160

About 4 bags to get 3mm

sg 900 ? = about £15

About 10 bags, get level with this stage as far as possible.

f75 = £66

Actually looks more like 10kg needed so at least 130

p131 = £25
Scarifier = £70

Yep - with vacuum - but I can de-adhesive several other floors while I have
it.

Total = £336

Probably about right.

Don't forget to add on your other initial costs regarding this floor, and
don't forget that the DPM may or may not work, for any length of time,
and it's still uninsulated :-p

Skip = 80

I don't know where you live Phil, but round here it's more like 200 for an 8
yard.

Need about 1 yard for the screed, 3-4 yards for the concrete and assuming
75mm insularion, another 3 yards for the earth - definately an 8 yarder.

concrete = 150
dpm = 15
insulation = 50

50mm Screed?

Less than £300, brand new floor, dry, warm, flat, solid and above all,
cheaper.

I'm really not sure about that. I can at least follow my regime single
handed if I have to, but digging out concrete + extra earth, concreting and
screeding and a good coat of SG 300 because the last set of screed went
down slightly bumpy sounds like a week's worth of hired labour plus me.

I agree it would be better in an ideal world, but I do not believe it can be
done cheaper and it is a load more work. As I said, the existing concrete
is solid and most of the existing screed is well attached.

All I care about now is getting the job done and I have faith that I can get
a perfectly good result this way with fairly little physical effort.

Cheers

Tim