Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default Connecting DVD Player

The Medway Handyman wrote:
We have a 5 year old Bush telly with a built in DVD player - which don't not
work.

SWMBO has therefore purchased a cheap DVD player and my mission is to
connect up the beast. Alas I am a complete numpty when it comes to this
sort of thing - and there is no teenager available to help.

The player came with a lead, exhibit A
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...y/click004.jpg

The telly is connected to a Telewest box, back of telly here
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...y/click001.jpg

and back of Telewest box here
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...y/click002.jpg

and finally back of DVD player
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...y/click003.jpg

The red/yellow/white lead does nothing. I think I need a scart lead to
connect the Telewest box to the DVD.

Is that it? Or is it even more horribly complex than I imagined?

SWMBO of course wanted to watch a DVD tonight and everything is my fault.
It has to be working tomorrow!

Help!

For now, take the scart lead out of the back of the telewest box and
plug it into the DVD for a peaceful life from SWMBO.

Later, armed with another scart lead, investigate what the second scart
port on the telewest box does. It might just work.

If not, then you need an external scart selector switch (and possibly a
3rd scart lead) to fit between the telewest box and your TV.

Bob