Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upperelevation stops? won't lower, binds at top...

dave wrote:
model number 34-807, serial number 91E30233, right tilt saw, has
absolutley NO cracked or broken or repaired (welded, brazed, or
otherwise) "anything" inside the saw (or anywhere else, for that
matter), trunions or otherwise - closely examined first hand. nothing
'bent wrong' in there, either.

34-807 appears to have been manufactured as 230V/3PH -- any chance
somebody swapped out OEM motor for a single-phase that isn't same
dimensions?

Looking at schematics, Delta shows no spacers between top of cabinet and
bottom of table (and I'd not expect any; never saw any other than some
shimstock individuals had used to fine-tune table) and surely not the
distance you're speaking of.

The P-C/Delta site is so slow w/ my dialup I went here to view schematics --

http://images.toolpartsdirect.com/schematics/delta/34-807_type_1.big.jpg
http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-bin/schematic.cgi/delta/34-807_TYPE_1/

There's a Type 1 and a Type 2--I don't know what the difference there
is, but wouldn't think it material to your problem...

Whatever the problem is, I don't believe it has to do w/ shims on the
table--it's something related to the motor/trunnion mechanism...

Sorry I don't know the exact cure; I've not had a Unisaw directly to
compare to, my TS is a Model 66.

Good luck, hope the schematics help.

If it isn't apparent shortly, I'd call Delta technical support.