Posted to rec.woodworking
dave dave is offline

Default unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upperelevation stops? won't lower, binds at top...

model number 34-807, serial number 91E30233, right tilt saw, has
absolutley NO cracked or broken or repaired (welded, brazed, or
otherwise) "anything" inside the saw (or anywhere else, for that
matter), trunions or otherwise - closely examined first hand. nothing
'bent wrong' in there, either.

you can see the ACTUAL saw (or, what it looked like when I 1st got it,
really) at

http://machines.2x.nu/unisaw_offloading/

on that same site, top left corner of this image

http://machines.2x.nu/unisaw_offload...s/photo27.html

'best' shows bottom of the upper (cast iron) table bolted TO the upper
flange directly ('directly' here meaning: there are no shims between
upper surface of the gray flanges and the female threaded bolt 'bosses'
on the bottoms of the iron top)

back to the original question: are there 'supposed to be' shims, of some
sort, between the top and (gray) thick upper sheet metal flanges?
installing some there is the *ONLY* way I can figure out to make the saw
blade go down FLUSH, or a hair below, the upper table surface when
cranked fully down. that, or I can 'grind away' the bigger tooth 'stops'
on the elevation arc-gear...which seems a *really* poor alternative.

or am I overlooking something?

*thanks* guys

ps - not that it has anything to do with this, but:
photo 35 shows the top of the table -after- I buffed it with a
scotchbrite wheel. the seller stored it in a leaky shed...before I got it.