Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Lead or gold for ballast anyone???

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 03:50:05 +0000 (UTC), the infamous David Lesher
scrawled the following:

"Ed Huntress" writes:

However, the transportation cost is probably more than the cost of the lead.
You need a local source. Have you checked the scrap dealers?

Hmmmm

https://www.prioritymail.com/about_priority_mail.asp?id=17097589&ssno=27843

That's how my little 3" machinist's vise came to me, USPSPMFRB. It's
not abuse to fill it with solid steel or lead. They _expect_ it.

--
Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything
evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything.