Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default costco honda generator

jethro wrote:
costco is selling this weekend a honda gx390 13hp powered
briggs&stratton rig for under 1k

the unit is listed as 7000 watts running power with surge power at 12000
watts

is there something in the powerhead design that allows such a wide
margin that could potentially shorten the life of the unit since
normally commercial units are 6000/8000w or 6500w/8000w but this one a
whopping 7000/12000w ?

the costco unit is equipped also with electric start, battery and
runtime meter

Looks like a BS Powerboss with Honda engine. I have a Powerboss with a
BS engine and it is noisy but Honda should run quietly. When I bought
mine at HD, they told me you never know what engines might be used.
I considered the generac part of the unit important and another
consideration is sound insulation which, I believe, keeps Honda quiet.