Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cheapdave@home.com is offline

Default seeking advise for shed project

I know concrete foundation is best way to go, but am wanting a way to build
this thing that I can do by my self. I don't have anyone I can impose on to
help, so would have to pay someone.....and more cost would be
difficult....The other idea I had was to build on blocks...and not sure what
is best way of doing this...I am positioning this thing in location where I
have poor drainage..heavy spring rains can result in several inches of water
in this area. I thought of digging out sod about 6" or so deep by 12" wide?
and filling with crushed limestone stuff.....compacting/leveling then
laying blocks on top and building shed on top of this...does this sound
feasible? would I cement the blocks together? also Andy I do not know what
you mean when you say galvanized holder into the corners that you concrete
and bolting the 4 x 4's onto them? can you explain please. I am in Michigan
and here there is no permit required as long as shed is under 200 sq ft.