Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Lead or gold for ballast anyone???

"Pete C." wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

Ok, I'm getting her better balanced now.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~capri26/

Moving the movable stuff around helps, but most of my
installed heaviness is to port.
And I can't use the port water tanks right now without
inducing a serious list.

I need about 200 to 250 pounds of lead (or gold?) bars.

Metal World wants to know what alloy, size and shape I need.

I'm clueless as to lead alloys.

Are there standard bar shapes and sizes?

Or even better, anybody near Dallas Area have any scraps to sell?

Perhaps you could just add another 4 or so house batteries on the
starboard side and get dual functionality?

Or, along the same lines, get your hands on a dead electric forklift
battery and a bunch of baking soda and do some recycling?