Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default NiCd vs. NiMh

snip

Two hours a day, every day.

Well, if a smart charger is smart enough to go into trickle charge,
and stay there, then just how is it that my trickle charger which
trickles considerably less can somehow become dumb and harm
the battery?

Panasonic says a timer should terminate the C/20 - C/30 trickle. I
think a top-off trickle is foolish. Sometimes an automatic charger can
shut off before a cell is fully charged. So what? If sometimes I have
to swap batteries after running a device 9 hours instead of 10, I won't
notice. I will notice if I put charged cells on the shelf and they're
dead two weeks later because trickle charging has damaged them.

Just for you I measured the trickle charge using my method on AA's
that are already charged. 340 micro amps......for two hours a day.

Panasonic says- Panasonic says- Panasonic says- Panasonic says
- Panasonic says. Are you a parrot???????? What do you think?
Do you really think that a 340 micro amp trickle charge for two
hours a day will harm a battery?

snip

For me, automatic fast charging has worked much better. My chargers
measure only voltage change, and that's not foolproof. Panasonic says
an ideal charger should monitor voltage, temperature, voltage change,
temperature change, and time.

Panasonic says- Panasonic says- Panasonic says- Panasonic says

By the way 340 micro amps represents a c/6000 charge rate. Do you
still think this is harmful?