Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance youths

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:14:49 -0700 (PDT), Tommy wrote:

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the

local
youths

What have you done to attract kids to ring your doorbell anyway?

That was going through my mind as well, no "reward" no point in
ringing the bell. "Reward" is in the eyes of the kids, answering the
door is "reward" to them. It could also be "revenge" for telling 'em
to get off your front garden, once, four weeks ago...

Talk to the school, they will almost certainly have a very good idea
who it is, every school has it's known bad eggs. As others have said
in uniform they are "ambassadors of the school" and most schools
don't like their pupils behaing badly in uniform. Or is this one of
those schools that don't have a unifrom and let the little beggers
run riot to "express their individuality".

I'd also take a very detailed look at the the covenants. If it only
excludes gates, walls and fences, plant a nice prickly hedge.

--
Cheers
Dave.