Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance youths

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in
such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in
shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my
local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet
onto my property.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 14:48:36 +0100, "John"
wrote:

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in
such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in
shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my
local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet
onto my property.

Complain to the skool if they are going to or from it,esp'y from it.

--
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 9, 2:55*pm, Stuart B wrote:

Complain to the skool if they are going to or from it,esp'y from it.

Can you imagine that working?!? You'd be arrested for violating their
rights or something!

I had a similar problem with people using my garden as a cut-through.
I used a laser spirit-level and pointer to create two beams across the
path (the beam itself was invisible, but the "spots" on the wall
looked lazery!), and put an old, dud cctv camera on the wall and it
stopped!

I'd just put some kind of overt fake camera. And don't worry about
filming people - I took a snap of two young lads in a neighbours back
garden; they'd already broken the window and taken a playstation (they
were on their way back for more). The police came round and I showed
them the snap, but because it was a neighbouring property there was
some thing about the photo not being able to be used "officially", but
they immediately recognised them, went for a visit and found the
playstation right there - red handed!

So, go for it!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned
in
such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in
shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my
local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15
feet
onto my property.

Complain to the skool if they are going to or from it,esp'y from it.

Get real - the school are not interested in what goes on beyond their
boundary!
--
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should
be disregarded .
Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote in message ...
Snip
Get real - the school are not interested in what goes on beyond
their boundary!

Times may have changed but they certainly were when I was at
school (back when Noah was a lad). As far as they were concerned,
if you had any part of your uniform on you were recognisable as
"an ambassador of the school" and were expected to behave
accordingly.

ah, the good old days

KK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet
onto my property.

Take photographs. Arrange for someone else to follow them home and get
addresses. Complain to the school, so it's on record.

Place a PIR triggered speaker with a loud recorded message "entering
this property further without permission is trespass. Action will be
taken for persistant offenders."

Then, arrange for a remote spray of hair dye at their face level.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
John wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the
local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has
escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to
really impress their mates)

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15
feet onto my property.

Take photographs. Arrange for someone else to follow them home and get
addresses. Complain to the school, so it's on record.

Place a PIR triggered speaker with a loud recorded message "entering
this property further without permission is trespass. Action will be
taken for persistant offenders."

Then, arrange for a remote spray of hair dye at their face level.

steal their sneakers and swear blind they are making it all up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kaptain Kremin" wrote in message
John wrote in message ...
Snip
Get real - the school are not interested in what goes on beyond their
boundary!

Times may have changed but they certainly were when I was at school (back
when Noah was a lad). As far as they were concerned, if you had any part
of your uniform on you were recognisable as "an ambassador of the school"
and were expected to behave accordingly.

ah, the good old days

KK

Champion of the Gang is now more important.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 14:48:36 +0100, John wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in
such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in
shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my
local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet
onto my property.

Ignore it. It'll soon be the school holidays and they'll all go away
and annoy other people instead. When they go back in september they'll
have forgotten all abou it.
Anyway, by the time you got a camera sorted out, and got the local Hitler
Youth, sorry PCSO out of their chair the school will be closed up and all
the teachers off on holiday - or doing part time jobs elsewhere.

If you still feel the need to do something, get a BEWARE OF THE DOG sign
for the garden gate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 July, 15:09, lardconcepts wrote:
On Jul 9, 2:55*pm, Stuart B wrote:

Complain to the skool if they are going to or from it,esp'y from it.

Can you imagine that working?!? You'd be arrested for violating their
rights or something!

IMHE you get rather the opposite - a rather sad conversation with a
Head who was bemoaning the drop in standards of pupil behaviour,
entirely sympathetic to my comments, but who was clearly run off his
feet in stopping the same kids either nicking the school or setting
fire to it. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor guy (and
grateful I'd never gone into teaching).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the
local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has
escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to
really impress their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house -
positioned in such a way that no-one just walking past on the
pavement will be caught in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at
the window I can show it to my local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be
15 feet onto my property.

Do you not have a wall/fence/gate?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 July, 14:48, "John" wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in
such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in
shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my
local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet
onto my property.

Put yourself in their shoes, what would scare the **** out of you are
stop you being a nuisance?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
John wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the
local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has
escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to
really impress their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house -
positioned in such a way that no-one just walking past on the
pavement will be caught in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at
the window I can show it to my local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be
15 feet onto my property.

Do you not have a wall/fence/gate?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Not permitted - open plan fronts in deeds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kaptain Kremin" wrote in message
John wrote in message ...
Snip
Get real - the school are not interested in what goes on beyond their
boundary!

Times may have changed but they certainly were when I was at school (back
when Noah was a lad). As far as they were concerned, if you had any part
of your uniform on you were recognisable as "an ambassador of the school"
and were expected to behave accordingly.

ah, the good old days

KK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/8142428.stm

Good old days?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the
local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has
escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them
(to really impress their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house -
positioned in such a way that no-one just walking past on the
pavement will be caught in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face
at the window I can show it to my local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be
15 feet onto my property.

Do you not have a wall/fence/gate?

Not permitted - open plan fronts in deeds.

Ah. That makes it difficult.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote in message
om...
Snip
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/8142428.stm

Good old days?

Yep. Especially as I didn't suggest any violence although there
was of course the cane for serial offenders.

As the teacher is 49, let's assume he has been teaching for some
years and has seen his authority gradually eroded by all these
left wing do gooders to the point that he is now constantly
abused and vilified by some oik trying to prove to his peers that
he is the "big I am".

Teach has finally snapped with tragic consequences. I do not for
one minute think his actions are acceptable but I also doubt they
came about without severe provocation.

KK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
writes
Get real - the school are not interested in what goes on beyond their
boundary!

Move to a nicer area, they certainly are around this area.
--
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should
be disregarded .
Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 18:53:04 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Do you not have a wall/fence/gate?

Not permitted - open plan fronts in deeds.

Ah. That makes it difficult.

Covered pit with pointy bamboo sticks at the bottom?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:08:34 +0100, Kaptain Kremin wrote:

As the teacher is 49, let's assume he has been teaching for some
years and has seen his authority gradually eroded by all these
left wing do gooders to the point that he is now constantly
abused and vilified by some oik trying to prove to his peers that
he is the "big I am".

Teach has finally snapped with tragic consequences. I do not for
one minute think his actions are acceptable but I also doubt they
came about without severe provocation.

Exactly what I've been thinking since I heard the news. It had to happen
sooner or later. Something *must* be done to stop kids ruling the Country
and always being right. I don't think it's the kid's fault - it's the
Parents ... :-(

A couple of years ago I asked neighbours to please stop their children
screaming (it had been going on for hours). They said they'd ask them but
didn't think they would agree to stop.

Yep "ah, the good old days "
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 July, 19:15, "John" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in media.com...

John wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the
local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has
escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to
really impress their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house -
positioned in such a way that no-one just walking past on the
pavement will be caught in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at
the window I can show it to my local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be
15 feet onto my property.

Do you not have a wall/fence/gate?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Not permitted - open plan fronts in deeds.

Pyrocantha, lots of pyrocantha. And brambles, with long grass with
plenty of dog **** hidden in it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

If you're married, you could always suggest they're peeping toms to
plod...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned
in such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught
in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to
my local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15
feet onto my property.

1) Wait until they appear again behind the door.
2) Upon them entering your property open door and confront them about
trespass.
3) Take pics of the more persistent offenders and produce as evidence to
the local "Wannabee" Police (PCOs) and local council to deal with as
nuisance.

4) More drastic action...................Obtain a good shotgun with 30
shot cartridges (Or blanks) and launch a volley over their
heads.............although it *might* attract the wrong sort of Police
presence ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
[...]

They just set pyro on fire!

Better with the thorny version Pyrocantha
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 July, 14:48, "John" wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths

What have you done to attract kids to ring your doorbell anyway?

Is it a normal doorbell?
OR
Is it a big gong type thing?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and i think you should
set up some sort of trap for the wee ****s.

They push the button and dunk...remote camera kicks in!! A bowling
ball rolls onto your oversizes guttering and round the house falls off
onto the extension where a see-saw is waiting to be activated up goes
the fireworks which attract the neighbourhood watch.... the wee ****
has moved away from the door and tripped the lazer beam which
activates the explosives at the gate, problem solved!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the
local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has
escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to
really impress their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house -
positioned in such a way that no-one just walking past on the
pavement will be caught in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at
the window I can show it to my local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be
15 feet onto my property.

You could try the 'Mosquito' which is a sound at 17KHZ. It's a high
pitch tone (high frequency tone) that adults can't hear, and kids hate.

---
zaax
Frustration casues accidents: allow faster traffic to overtake.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 10, 1:48 am, "John" wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

A cheap solution is a dummy video camera (with a flashing red light on
it) above the door so it can be seen easily.
A continuously recording video camera is great if you know the time an
incident happened but otherwise it's a pain to search through hours of
recording. Best would be a camera that records on your computer when
it detects movement.
A local shopkeeper borrowed a video camera which got a good picture of
a tagger's face, which he then put in the window of his shop. Helpful
locals told him the name and address of the tagger, and that was
written on the picture. There's been no tagging since.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tommy wrote:
On 9 July, 14:48, "John" wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in
such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in
shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my
local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet
onto my property.

Put yourself in their shoes, what would scare the **** out of you are
stop you being a nuisance?

Tell em you have AIDS and will sneeze on them.,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hugh Jampton wrote:
. Something *must* be done to stop kids ruling the Country
and always being right.

Well vote out Nu Laber then. A more accurate description of them I have
not heard ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tommy wrote:
On 9 July, 14:48, "John" wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths

What have you done to attract kids to ring your doorbell anyway?

Is it a normal doorbell?
OR
Is it a big gong type thing?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and i think you should
set up some sort of trap for the wee ****s.

They push the button and dunk...remote camera kicks in!! A bowling
ball rolls onto your oversizes guttering and round the house falls off
onto the extension where a see-saw is waiting to be activated up goes
the fireworks which attract the neighbourhood watch.... the wee ****
has moved away from the door and tripped the lazer beam which
activates the explosives at the gate, problem solved!

Nah.

Wire up the bell push to a couple of 100W amps and the sound of a police
siren..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tommy wrote in message
Snip
What have you done to attract kids to ring your doorbell
anyway?

Is it a normal doorbell?
OR
Is it a big gong type thing?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and i think you
should
set up some sort of trap for the wee cnuts.

They push the button and dunk...remote camera kicks in!! A
bowling
ball rolls onto your oversizes guttering and round the house
falls off
onto the extension where a see-saw is waiting to be activated
up goes
the fireworks which attract the neighbourhood watch.... the wee
cnut
has moved away from the door and tripped the lazer beam which
activates the explosives at the gate, problem solved!

It'll never work, he's not allowed to have a gate :-)

HTH

KK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , zaax
writes
You could try the 'Mosquito' which is a sound at 17KHZ. It's a high
pitch tone (high frequency tone) that adults can't hear, and kids hate.

Oy, don't you be encouraging that sort of thing, it's not all adults
that can't hear it.

---
zaax
Frustration casues accidents: allow faster traffic to overtake.

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kaptain Kremin" wrote in message
om...
Tommy wrote in message
Snip
What have you done to attract kids to ring your doorbell anyway?

Is it a normal doorbell?
OR
Is it a big gong type thing?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and i think you should
set up some sort of trap for the wee cnuts.

They push the button and dunk...remote camera kicks in!! A bowling
ball rolls onto your oversizes guttering and round the house falls off
onto the extension where a see-saw is waiting to be activated up goes
the fireworks which attract the neighbourhood watch.... the wee cnut
has moved away from the door and tripped the lazer beam which
activates the explosives at the gate, problem solved!

It'll never work, he's not allowed to have a gate :-)

These restrictions don't stop moats.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote in message ...
"Kaptain Kremin" wrote in
message om...

Snip
It'll never work, he's not allowed to have a gate :-)

These restrictions don't stop moats.

but, surely the drawbridge would fall foul of the regulations?

KK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Kaptain Kremin" wrote in message
om...
Tommy wrote in message
Snip
What have you done to attract kids to ring your doorbell anyway?

Is it a normal doorbell?
OR
Is it a big gong type thing?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and i think you
should set up some sort of trap for the wee cnuts.

They push the button and dunk...remote camera kicks in!! A bowling
ball rolls onto your oversizes guttering and round the house falls
off onto the extension where a see-saw is waiting to be activated
up goes the fireworks which attract the neighbourhood watch.... the
wee cnut has moved away from the door and tripped the lazer beam
which activates the explosives at the gate, problem solved!

It'll never work, he's not allowed to have a gate :-)

These restrictions don't stop moats.

He's not a tory MP though, he would have to meet the cost himself...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Matty F" wrote

[...]

Tagging?
Method to improve organisation of images in database?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote

John wrote:
I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the
local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has
escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to
really impress their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house -
positioned in such a way that no-one just walking past on the
pavement will be caught in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at
the window I can show it to my local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be
15 feet onto my property.

Do you not have a wall/fence/gate?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Not permitted - open plan fronts in deeds.

Our property has similar restrictions.
When we moved in (2002) there were 20' high blue lawson conifers right round
the boundary which overhung the highway footpath by upto 6'. Made it
impassable in places. Many other properties also have hedges on the
boundary although not as unruly as ours.
We have since had all the conifers removed, and replaced some with fencing
and some with more decorative hedging. Our deeds also exclude the erection
of fencing and hedging on the boundary, but my understanding is that this
would be a condition made by the builder to try to keep the area "all the
same" during the development phase. The fact that our actions removed
overgrown and obstructive fir trees and cleared the adjacent path we saw as
a positive, as did all of our neighbours. In our area, planning permission
is necessary to erect a fence within 2m of a boundary. This permission was
obtained with the condition that the fence is set 500mm from the boundary
and agreed planting scheme adopted between fence and public footpath.

I suspect that it would be possible for the erecton of the fence to be
challenged based on the original stipulation in the deeds, but I believe
that this would involve the complainant registering the issue with the
original builder. As the place was built 30 years ago, he's probably hung
up his trowel long since - IANAL!!!

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
zaax wrote:
You could try the 'Mosquito' which is a sound at 17KHZ. It's a high
pitch tone (high frequency tone) that adults can't hear, and kids hate.

Plenty of adults can hear 17kHz.

--
*White with a hint of M42*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:14:49 -0700 (PDT), Tommy wrote:

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the

local
youths

What have you done to attract kids to ring your doorbell anyway?

That was going through my mind as well, no "reward" no point in
ringing the bell. "Reward" is in the eyes of the kids, answering the
door is "reward" to them. It could also be "revenge" for telling 'em
to get off your front garden, once, four weeks ago...

Talk to the school, they will almost certainly have a very good idea
who it is, every school has it's known bad eggs. As others have said
in uniform they are "ambassadors of the school" and most schools
don't like their pupils behaing badly in uniform. Or is this one of
those schools that don't have a unifrom and let the little beggers
run riot to "express their individuality".

I'd also take a very detailed look at the the covenants. If it only
excludes gates, walls and fences, plant a nice prickly hedge.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in
such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in
shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my
local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet
onto my property.

Ideally arrange to have the pcso visiting at that time they call
round.
Seeing the policer inside as they knock on will scare the little
darlings hopefully.

You can ask her there under the pretext of how to get them to stop.

Shame you can't get boiling oil activated droppers set off by the
doorbell really.

Put camera going in window for 5 mins before and until they've done if
you can't get the pcso to visit.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Youths on Front Garden TheScullster UK diy 40 April 16th 09 03:43 PM
RCD nuisance trip Andy Burns UK diy 14 January 6th 07 09:30 PM
A plumin' nuisance... Egremont UK diy 7 November 28th 05 09:48 AM
Nuisance RCD TRips puffernutter UK diy 18 May 24th 05 05:53 PM
OT Dealing with a nuisance dog Rex B Metalworking 170 January 27th 05 12:32 AM