Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default What's a good way to seal joints of plastic drain pipe?

ShadowTek wrote:
Oh, and I was wanting to avoid using adhesive, as I may have to take it
apart a clean it out one day.

I haven't looked in that aisle at the borg lately, but my swiss-cheese
memory popped up an image of a clamshell clamp that went one corrugation
down from the joint in each direction, and physically trapped all the
parts. It was held together with a clip or bolt through an ear out one
side.

Of course I could be hallucinating again.

Maybe if they don't exist off the shelf (any more, at least) you could
fake something like that by slitting a fitting, and adding ears with
rustproof sheet metal and a pop riveter? Or even just a slit fitting
gusseting the joint, held in place with monster zip ties?

--
aem sends...