Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck[_3_] Chuck[_3_] is offline

Default Should I buy steel reinforced washer hoses?

Shaun Eli wrote:
You can buy hoses that shut off when they detect a burst-- they do
this by restricting the flow a little bit at the far end... if the
flow is greater than that at the near end, it shuts off. They're not
expensive.

One note-- this works only if the water's on. If you shut the water
off but there's a small amount of water flow, you defeat the purpose
of the auto shut off.

I tried this type of hose and it reduced the flow too much. It took 15
minutes to fill the tub. I have high water pressure to start with. I
went back to the rubber hoses. The rubber ones are made in the USA. The
other ones are not. Chuc