Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default DIY via computer

On Jul 8, 10:49*pm, NT wrote:
On Jul 8, 10:46*pm, "gazz" wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message

In message
, NT
writes
On Jul 7, 10:50 pm, PeterC wrote:
Ideal tool for the geeks:

http://www.usbchainsaw.com/index.php

What could it possibly cut on just 5w?

It could prolly make a serious crease in sheet of 80gm A4

wonder if it'd be any good for trimming toe nails,

my brother will want one of these for xmas, he is hooked on collecting usb
powered stuff, got mini fridges, cup warmers, can coolers, a pizza slice
keeper warmer and so on.

to keep a pizza slice warm on 2.5w would take vacuum insulation! And
to heat one upon such power, if 1kW takes 1 minute for a slice then
2.5w might take 400 mins = about 7hrs.

Update. Apparently, a lot of desktop motherboards scrimp on components
by only applying an overall current limit across all the USB ports. So
if you have, say, 4 ports, you can pull 2A from a single connected
port without tripping the overload detection.

Laptops, I'm told, adhere more closely to the USB spec.

MBQ