Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Should I buy steel reinforced washer hoses?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message

I agree with the other poster who said use the rubber ones for a few
years and then when you're ready to buy new, upgrade. And watch out for
fake (simulated) steel mesh at the big box stores.

New hoes are unlikely to burst, but most people are unlikely to think about
them in a year or three to bother replacing them. That is when trouble can
strike.

We often forget how old things are. I had the mother board replaced on my
computer last week. I figured it should have lasted a couple of years, but
it turns out is was installed in 2004. Sure, I'll replace them hoses after
we return from vacation.