Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default can't remove a faucet

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 13:27:31 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

"and replaced it later"

What! Don't you follow adage that says:

"It's only temporary...unless it works."

Absolutely. After attempting to take apart a carburetor choke, I
figured out that it didn't come apart. I had to put it back together
with 30 minute epoxee (they didnt' have the quicker stuff then) and it
stayed that way for four more years until I junked the car.

Oh yeah, I tried to fix the choke because it stayed closed even when
it shouldn't have. On a trip to NY the smoke coming out the exhaust
was terrible. So I put the cap of a pen btween the choke-plate and
the housing. Just for the trip. But it worked well so it stayed
there for 4 years until I junked the car.

With not much choke, I had to start the car two or three times in the
winter before it stayed on, but that wasn't bad. A new carburetor was
hundreds of dollars.