Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Should I buy steel reinforced washer hoses?

On Jul 8, 10:34�am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

" wrote:

LOTS cheaper than cleaning up after a flood. �Steel mesh is the only way
to go. �I speak from experience.

OK

Is any brand of steel mesh OK I guess?

I agree with the other poster who said use the rubber ones for a few
years and then when you're ready to buy new, upgrade. And watch out for
fake (simulated) steel mesh at the big box stores.

Just buy whatever brand Lowe's or HD have?

Also, should I buy a water "pan" to set under washer as
well?

I would put a pan under a water heater, but not a washer.

why not a washer? they can and do leak too