Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default AC compressor mounted on bracket?

Bryce wrote:
Ryan Homes is building a bunch of homes nearby. The basement
walls are poured concrete and the AC compressor is supported
by a hefty bracket bolted to the wall - a foot or so above grade.

Why are they doing this instead of putting the compressor on
the ground? It seems to me that a lot of noise gets coupled
into the house when it's done this way, plus cost of bracket
and mounting labor. What am I missing?

Hi,
I see quite a few installed like that in my neighborhood specially where
yard is sloping. Off the ground, less chance of bugs getting inside?
I am sure they are mounted with rubber bumpers to minimize noise.
Ours is on the ground level with a soft concrete pad came with the unit.
It is low noise unit, hardly any noise or vibration.