Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC compressor mounted on bracket?

Bryce wrote:
Ryan Homes is building a bunch of homes nearby. The basement
walls are poured concrete and the AC compressor is supported
by a hefty bracket bolted to the wall - a foot or so above grade.

Why are they doing this instead of putting the compressor on
the ground? It seems to me that a lot of noise gets coupled
into the house when it's done this way, plus cost of bracket
and mounting labor. What am I missing?

Hi,
I see quite a few installed like that in my neighborhood specially where
yard is sloping. Off the ground, less chance of bugs getting inside?
I am sure they are mounted with rubber bumpers to minimize noise.
Ours is on the ground level with a soft concrete pad came with the unit.
It is low noise unit, hardly any noise or vibration.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:42:53 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Bryce wrote:
Ryan Homes is building a bunch of homes nearby. The basement
walls are poured concrete and the AC compressor is supported
by a hefty bracket bolted to the wall - a foot or so above grade.

Why are they doing this instead of putting the compressor on
the ground? It seems to me that a lot of noise gets coupled
into the house when it's done this way, plus cost of bracket
and mounting labor. What am I missing?

Hi,
I see quite a few installed like that in my neighborhood specially where
yard is sloping. Off the ground, less chance of bugs getting inside?
I am sure they are mounted with rubber bumpers to minimize noise.
Ours is on the ground level with a soft concrete pad came with the unit.
It is low noise unit, hardly any noise or vibration.

What's a "soft concrete pad"??
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bryce wrote:
Ryan Homes is building a bunch of homes nearby. The basement
walls are poured concrete and the AC compressor is supported
by a hefty bracket bolted to the wall - a foot or so above grade.

Why are they doing this instead of putting the compressor on
the ground? It seems to me that a lot of noise gets coupled
into the house when it's done this way, plus cost of bracket
and mounting labor. What am I missing?

Hi,
I see quite a few installed like that in my neighborhood specially where
yard is sloping. Off the ground, less chance of bugs getting inside?
I am sure they are mounted with rubber bumpers to minimize noise.
Ours is on the ground level with a soft concrete pad came with the unit.
It is low noise unit, hardly any noise or vibration.

What's a "soft concrete pad"??

Hi,
It is sort of concrete with some kind of shredded fiber mixed in.
Made to dampen vibration/noise. Our unit is Carrier and
unit came with it. I am not sure whether it was supplied by Carrier
or the installer.

Gutter Bracket Lyndon UK diy 4 July 7th 07 02:45 PM
Tiling for a wall mounted bog pan and a wall mounted tap Andy Hall UK diy 12 July 31st 06 12:09 AM
Purchasing a 15" Planer: Overhead mounted or under mounted motor? [email protected] Woodworking 5 July 5th 06 02:54 AM
Bumper-mounted trailer hitch bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ Richard J Kinch Metalworking 76 February 5th 06 04:04 AM
bracket strength Chris Carruth Metalworking 11 August 26th 05 10:32 PM