Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
DaveC DaveC is offline

Default Identify clothes washer part?

1 - How does it prevent backflow? Is there a checkvalve or something
built in?

No evidence that I can see. No check valve. I tend to lean toward the
definition of "aeration" as its function.

2 - On the last top loader I owned the water sprayed into the drum
near the top and the water level never reached anywhere near the
inlet. You would have had to turn the machine on it's side to get
water to flow back into the fill tube. Does the Maytag LSE7800.fill
from the bottom?

No, on this model the fill and rinse water enters from the top of the drum.
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group