Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default 93 suburban hint, with metal working content

Bill Noble wrote:
if anyone else has a 93 suburban, you will find that the gas springs to lift
the rear glass are now unavailable. If you get Monroe Max Lift 901359,
shorten the shaft by 4.5 inches and tap to 1/4X28 and reuse the plastic ends
from your old ones, all is good again. Since the shaft is hardened, you
will need to turn it down from the end before parting off. Hold shaft in
collet or 6 jaw chuck so you don't mar it.

There, on topic, no politics, and helpful.

Or check around. We still show 2 in stock at our warehouse.
I'm sure there are lots of them around the country.
Also check Gabriel Strong Arms.