Posted to alt.home.repair
WhiteTea WhiteTea is offline

Default Outlets went out but no breaker is tripped

On Jul 7, 7:47*am, Hipupchuck wrote:
WhiteTea wrote:
I have some outlets and a light switch that have stopped working in
one room.

None of the breakers are tripped.

All I can think of is to shut off and then back on one breaker at a
time to isolate which one controls the non-functioning outlets and
switch.

Any feedback appreciated.

Andy

Look behind a dresser for a GFCI outlet with a red light and tripped
button, even in another room or closet. This is the latest stupid idea
from the stupid bitch regulatory organization.

I think one problem is that there are too many GFCI where they are not
necessary.

I checked one in one bathroom and this is what I found.
(After doing a test and reset.)

1. Voltage is 116V going into the GFCI.
2. No voltage when checking the two outlets.

What is the purpose of the light on the GFCI.

It obviously does not show that the GFCI is working.

Maybe it's a nightlight. :-)

Andy