Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Source for 4-conductor antenna rotator cable?

On Jul 6, 6:26*pm, aemeijers wrote:
Subject says it all, almost. Checked the local Borgs- they don't even
carry twinlead any more, much less 4-conductor outdoor-rated ribbon
cable. One place had crappy rather overpriced 3-conductor cable from
China, in small coils, which is apparently the modern standard. I could
fake it with 2 runs of outdoor-rated landscape light zip wire, but that
would look crude. I looked online, but didn't find 4-conductor. When I
was a kid, every hardware store had a big reel of it, and you bought how
much you needed.

I'm trying to do a low-buck backup TV signal source, and with stations
in 3 major directions, I have to repoint antenna to feed my converter
box. I was all set to buy a flying-saucer omni antenna, but tripped
across (literally) this rotor and control box for 2 bucks at a garage
sale. It works (on the ground at least), but the cable is too short for
my roof, and in pretty nasty shape.

Rotor box says 'colormaster lc100a' on it. Looks to be a clone of the
channel master my family had when I was a kid.

Anybody know if all 4 wires are really needed, or can I combine 2 of them?

--
aem sends...

You need all 4 wires - 2 for the syncro & 2 for the power.
Radio Shack has what you are asking for:

http://www.radioshack.com/family/ind...goryId=2032238
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2049618

KC