Posted to alt.home.repair
windcrest windcrest is offline

Default Should I buy steel reinforced washer hoses?

On Jul 6, 12:10*pm, wrote:
Just moved my washer to a new location and although the
current hoses are rubber and fairly new..... wondering
if it STILL wise to invest in steel mesh hoses?

What you guys do?

If you have to de-pressurize and re-pressurize the washer hoses to
move the washer, then you should change them, especially if they are
old. Also beware of the Home Depot hoses many of them are made to
"look like" stainless braid but they are really silver-colored nylon
braid. These hoses are a big ruse and a rip off to make you think you
are getting stainless when you are really getting a cheap rubber/nylon
hose that looks stainless, HD should be ashamed and called-out on this
deception. Go to Menards where all their hoses are truly stainless
braid. Or get the more expensive HD hoses with the flow breakers,
those are actually stainless.