mrdancer

Default Hardwood Dance Floor (somewhat off-topic)

===
"T." wrote in message
Thu, Nov 6, 2003, 12:54am (EST+5)
(Frank McVey) says:
snip ballroom dancing here in UK, there was a waxy substance called
"Slipperene". It came as a waxy powder which was sprinkled over a
dance-floor snip

Square dancing, in my case, in the US, many moons ago, and don't
recall the name of the stuff; but, yep, waxy powder. My grandfather was
an amateur caller, and called often, different places. Never heard of
any problems with it.
===

I have problems with it - BIG problems! It makes dancing extremely
difficult (i.e. - way too slippery) for those that are better dancers. The
only people it really helped were the ones who were trying to dance in
athletic shoes. Proper dance attire is leather-soled shoes, and no waxy
powder is, or should be, necessary on a decent wooden dance floor.