Posted to alt.home.repair
Jud McCranie[_2_] Jud McCranie[_2_] is offline

Default can't remove a faucet

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:46:42 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

You may be forced into a major repair. Prepare in advance by rounding
up the parts needed (a quarter turn faucet is a must), plastic pipe
coupling, pipe nipple of appropriate length, threaded el, etc. Then
turn off the supply valve and start the repair. You might get lucky
and the valve will back out, but from here it the best guess is that
it was installed with a thread locking sealant because of leakage
often found in molded threads in plastic fittings. Plan ahead and good
luck.

If I can't simply take the faucet off and replace it, it is beyond
what I can do. I turned off the water, let it drain, and tried both
faucets and neither would budge at all at the force I applied, trying
to be careful not to break it. Since they wouldn't come off easily,
it sounds like it is more than I can do. I replaced one of these
outside, but it was metal on metal and came off easily.
--
Replace you know what by j to email