Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default can't remove a faucet

On Jul 6, 11:27*am, Jud McCranie
wrote:
One of the faucets to the hoses of our washing machine started
leaking. *I thought I would be able to simply remove it and replace
it. *It is a metal faucet in a plastic pipe, and I can't get it to
budge with an adjustable wrench. *It is a metal faucet in a plastic
pipe. *I'm afraid that if I put too much force on it, the pipe will
break. *Is there a trick to getting this kind of faucet off the pipe?
--
Replace you know what by j to email

You may be forced into a major repair. Prepare in advance by rounding
up the parts needed (a quarter turn faucet is a must), plastic pipe
coupling, pipe nipple of appropriate length, threaded el, etc. Then
turn off the supply valve and start the repair. You might get lucky
and the valve will back out, but from here it the best guess is that
it was installed with a thread locking sealant because of leakage
often found in molded threads in plastic fittings. Plan ahead and good
luck.

Joe