Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Cementing plexiglass

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Michael Dobony wrote:

I need to glue a plesiglass shelf to plexiglass sides. I cannot use

screws
(visual reasons). What adhesive would you recommend for a long-lasting,
solid fix?

"Plexiglas" is a trade name for acrylic. I've glued a fair amount of
acrylic and I've been happy with Weld-On #16 - "clear, thickened cement
for acrylic sheet."

I prefer Weld On #4 for most purposes, and Weld On #3 if appearance is not
as important. It is applied with a squeeze bottle that has a hypodermic
needle with no sharpened point. With #3 or #4 the the joints must be very
accurate with no gaps and the solvent will flow into the joints. If you
have gaps, then #16 is about the only choice.