Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika marika is offline

Default Wooden Knitting Needles

"Upscale" wrote in message

As you've aptly proven by his re-addition of his chosen newsgroups.

This past month I have been returning to the Reynolds Center in DC. And
have noticed this really neat piece on the 3rd floor. It's a horse or at
least is meant to look like one.

From far away it looks like a skeleton.

As you get nearer you realize it can't be a skeleton because it's not
arranged symmetrically at all.

Then you realize it's not bone at all. It's a white or grey wood. And then
you think it's merely driftwood. But then you realize it seems to be scored
somewhat regularly and the marks may not have been nature.

It's sort of amazing the several deceptions it creates as you get closer and
closer.

I wonder what kind of wood it is and whether it is natural or not. I tried
to find a photo of it but though there's a copy of it on the little film
they show as you walk in, I can't find it anywhere on the website.

It's really kind of neat.

mk5000

"Burning with desire
She was on the sidewalk
Looking for a nightlife
We talked about the real things"--killers, joyride