Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - understanding you Yanks.

wrote:

Hi People,
went and saw an interesting movie on Sat night (when else?) called
"Grand Torino" by/with Clint Eastwood. The Clint Eastwood character Is
a winger, lots of tools collected over a lifetime, knows how to use
them, same with guns - I thought it was a good movie, and was
wondering if any of you guys had seen it, and what were your thoughts
on it, as it covers quite a few contemporary issues, both for you guys
and us in Oz. Please, only respond if you have actually seen it and
made up your own minds.
(And I am physically stuffed at the moment, cant even make it to trade
school, so have been reduced to being a movie critic - and, lets face
it, both our countries need more movie critics(not)lol
Andrew VK3BFA.

I watched it tonight. Before I go on with my review, I'd like to thank you for the heads
up on the movie.

This has to be the best movie he has ever made while still sticking to the Dirty Harry
theme.

As you can figure, protecting one's property or neighbors at point of deadly force doesn't
bother me at all. If you notice, he didn't shoot anyone either.

Having tools and knowing how to use them doesn't make you a winger btw. Owning a gun
doesn't either. There are liberals that believe in the right to keep and bear arms. Not
as many on the left but they do exist.

The real man interplay was entertaining. I'm not so sure trading ethnic insults is part of
the US culture anymore. We have become a bit PC here.

I'm not giving away the ending but the man found redemption and lived inside his code.
That movie has to be Clint Eastmans masterwork.

I'll give it as many starts as on the scale.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller