Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default DIY UAV -- RC Helicopter with .45 handgun attached

"RogerN" wrote:

There are some nice videos on youtube of FPV RC (first person view). Are
you planning to fly from the camera view?

I just would like to take aerial pictures.

There are some video goggles and
head tracking sensors that let you fly the model and the camera will pan and
tilt as you turn your head. I've read that one problem for new pilots is
flying the model out of range. This isn't a problem most R/C heli flying
since it's generally in range if you can see it, but the FPV stuff, you can
fly beyond line of sight, lose signal and :-( I saw they have equipment now
that works with GPS, if you fly your model out of range, it's supposed to
automatically return to the take off point. This stuff could be kind of
scary if you realize how it could be abused... a GPS guided aircraft is not
that far off from a cruise missile, now add a .45 and video recognition
software... For a test I sent one out to capture TMT and it came back with
a box of Hostess Ding Dongs :-)

GPS and explosives, that would make a nasty combination.

Ding Dongs you say, I'd have thought you would have got a Nutty Bar
http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/...utty-bar-1.jpg

Wes