Posted to alt.home.repair
Brandon McCombs Brandon McCombs is offline

Default The end of newsgroups?

wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote:

The lack of an included program to *read* newsgroups does not mean that
usenet is disappearing.

Agree

There are TONS of other readers out there!

I like and use Agent

I used Agent for binary stuff but originally used Netscape for text
groups. I've been a loyal user of Thunderbird for text groups for a few
years now. I also use it for e-mail. As for binary groups, Agent got
annoying to use so I use Newsbin. Newsbin actually gives real size units
and values for attachments instead of Agent's nebulous "line count" to
inform users of attachment size.