Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default doorstop

"patt" wrote in message
I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The
screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small
piece of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw that piece of
wood to the door. What kind of screws would I use to attach it to the
door? It is just the common doorstop with the little leg you kick down to
keep the door open. Thanks.

Since you are going into metal, a sheet metal screw is best. Get them long
enough to pass through the plywood, but not so long as to go through the
back of the door. Alternately, use the next size up sheet metal screw and
skip the wood.