Posted to alt.home.repair
stan stan is offline

Default Too much Michael Jackson

On Jul 5, 1:38*pm, Red wrote:
On Jul 4, 9:48*pm, Marina wrote:

Red Green wrote :

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9C3EBE786FFFCjyanikkuanet@
74.209.136.83:

Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
*Red Green wrote:

They outta have an event like that for Billy Mays. Few hours of him
screaming his head off. That should be ticketed too. Need I say how
much the tickets would be?!

* But if you bought one in the next 30 minutes, they'd send a second
free.

what's funny is that I see the same products in local stores,and they
include the "2nd one free",and you don't pay outrageous shipping and
handling charges. I saw one product today that wanted $16.95 S&H.

SOmebody fill me in on this...

Seeing a lot of adds lately where there's "2nd one free". You only pay
SEPARATE s&h. They're reeeeally chaging suckers these high shipping
charges twice!

I don't know how people get roped into this. I mean when you order
anything you get a total amout you authorize to a card with any Internet
purchase I've made. But then, I've never bought anything from a TV or
infomercial ad of any type.

That 2nd shipping charge is stupid.
I'd love to buy the Instyler (hairdo product), but they never explained the
price on TV. *Went to their site and found it's over $100 ! *what? *They
also want to send you 2 of them. *Once I found out the price I decided not
to buy it. *I'm waiting to see it in Walgreens for cheaper.- Hide quoted text -

At a factory outlet mall I was at a few months ago there was a store
whose entire stock was "as advertized on TV". *When you see all that
cheap assed junk concentrated in one store you never pay attention to
any more of their ads.

Red- Hide quoted text -

There was, previously, such an 'As advertised on TV' store in one of
our malls.
The one and only time I went there looking for an item previously seen
on TV they didn't have it and could not advise if it would be
available in future! If I recall? It was a small ingenious plastic
device for measuring while doing carpentry work, or something! I think
we got one on sale afterwards at an auto/mechanical supply store for
$1.99!
Don't go to shopping malls very often and that one, only, maybe, once
or twice a year; dentist's office!
Earlier this year enquired and was told that the 'As advertised .... '
store "Had closed down ages ago"!
Once or twice though have found useful items at a local 'Dollar
Store". And that's one dollar Canadian, the equivalent of about 86
cents US! In particular those pencil sharpeners designed for
sharpening those flat section 'Carpenter's Pencils".