Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Mortar is the natural enemy of pipes

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:15:22 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Here's a pic of the replacement installation
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8430/hpim0159.jpg

I replaced a hose bib with the same 1/4 turn (valve) you have. Love it
for easy off and on. You will enjoy it!!

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. I still have two more to do (out of
five).

One of the outlets has two of these valves: one for the hose, the other for
the pet's never-empty water dish. Poor outside kitties, in this ghastly heat
wave, were sometimes reduced to standing under a neighbor's condensate
overflow drain.

Now that an eternal supply of fresh water is available for the cats, maybe I
should go thank my neighbor and tell her that her charity is no longer
necessary and she can go ahead and get her A/C drain fixed.